Well, it’s an ongoing debate whether hand wash is better than a dishwasher or Smart washer. Dishes have been washed by hands for ages but now People are concerned about the time and the money that they would spend on water bills. No one wants to spend their quality time on washing dishes isn’t it true? Now the Ladies are more focused on the jobs to meet their monthly expenses.
You may argue that the dishwasher doesn’t come cheap and one has to spend some money to buy one
Paying money to buy a quality dishwasher under $500 is a one-time investment and we believe that washing dishes with hands wouldn’t be a good idea. Technology has evolved a lot, and thanks to the continuous research now we have these smart washers that can do the job with some amazing benefits, that we have discussed below.
Although Brands are making some real budget-friendly dishwashers under $300 but of course some may not afford and prefer to wash dishes by hand.
These effective hands wash point to consider:
- Fill the half of a split sink with hot water that your hands can stand and add a small amount of any low polluting dish soap.
- Fill the other side with clean hot water. Start scrubbing the dishes on the soapy side and rinse them in the clean side of the sink.
- Dry the dishes with a towel remember don’t use a paper towel or you can let the air to dry wet dishes.
Although hand washing doesn’t have many benefits to discuss but it has its own advantages.
- No upfront expense
- No hassle of dishwasher maintenance
- Increased water bills as you need a lot of water to clean dishes
Using a Dishwasher
Most of the people in the United States and Europe prefer to use dishwasher just because of the amazing advantages that we have discussed below.
- Time – It’s an old saying “time is money” you must have heard about it, don’t you? According to the studies an efficient dishwasher takes around 7 to 10 min before it gets you the clean sparkling dishes, just load the dishwasher and carry on with your other stuff.Hand wash can consume about 60 min of your time and don’t forget the effort you will be putting to clean those stains that also stinks.
- Water consumption – Modern-day dishwashers are very effective and water-efficient that will surely save some water bills. Recent studies have shown that 15 liters of water is just required for a dishwasher as compared to hand wash that consumes about 75 liters, that’s too much isn’t?
- Energy Efficient – Quite a lot of energy is required to heat water to wash up with hands as compared to the dishwasher that It can heat just enough water to clean dishes effectively.
- Environment-friendly – Lesser the water heated means there will be less waste and smaller carbon footprints, which will lead to a healthy atmosphere inside as well as outside the house.
- Hygiene – Washing by hand may not be a problem for you but let me tell you kitchen sinks are widely used for Rinsing food, washing clothes, scrubbing pet feeding boxes and even washing shoes. Therefore it’s hard to believe that there will be no bacteria that can cause severe damage to anyone’s health, especially Children.
Thus, your total extra cost per dishwasher load of dishes versus doing them by hand is about $0.63. It’s a little bit higher than this if you do dishes by hand by filling up a basin with hot water and using only cold water to rinse the soap from the dishes
Well, the recent study showed that washing by hand is not that good and it leaves bacteria that can cause different diseases.
Yes, these days dishwasher is equipped with technology that can really kill germs and bacteria by effectively spraying hot water.
We would definitely suggest everyone to buy a dishwasher because of the real benefits it offers and with the amazing technology and ease of use they are not the one to be missed.